Sterifre Medical Inc. – Infection Preventionist
Sterifre Medical, Inc., is developing a proprietary low-cost plug-and-play technology platform to develop a suite of innovative, point of care applications for disinfection in the healthcare environment. AuraTM technology will revolutionize infection prevention tools.
Sterifre’s patented technology solution offers:
- Environmentally friendly solution
- Rapid processing
- Broad material compatibility
- Built-in automated quality control
The primary objective of the Infection Preventionist (IP) is to drive customer implementation and user adoption of the Aura TM System. The secondary objective for the IP is to perform customer audits with the Sterifre Account Executive and assist in the customer conversion process by providing clinical, technic al, and customer required policy & procedure support as needed.
Major responsibilities include: coordination and management of customer locations; work with an interdisciplinary team; provide subject matter expertise on environmental infection prevention principles; assist with coordination of all activities required to initiate and complete implementation programs; collaborate in the development, organization, implementation and completion of white papers; and coordinate day-to-day activities of trial sites.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the evaluation and follow-up of potential new customer sites. Conduct evaluation of facilities, personnel, policies & procedures to facilitate Aura implementation.
- Serve as a key contact between the company and customer Infection Preventionists, Safety Officers, and other staff. Maintain close contact by telephone, correspondence and visits.
- Develop positive relationships with our customers by providing training, clinical expertise, education, policy & procedure support and monitoring for the Company’s products.
- Develop audit and monitoring tools.
- Conduct quality control visits to ensure ongoing product utilization, and overall business objectives.
- Maintain and monitor usage tracking tools. Alert project team to potential problem areas.
- Facilitate team meetings to meet customer expectations.
- Communicate internally any market dynamics, device issues or improvements, and study activity.
- Provide presence for device support as requested by the customer sites or by direction of the Company.
- Provide technical support and proper instruction to customer clinical staff coordinators/personnel in regard to Aura utilization, and clinical/regulatory requirements regarding device and policy information.
- Assist in the evaluation and analysis of clinical data, as needed.
- Find solutions to problems of diverse scope.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with new developments in clinical literature and regulatory requirements.
- Provide general support to in-house team as required.
- Infection Prevention & Control principles and guidelines, clinical research, and clinical protocols
- Certified Infection Control (CIC)
- Clinical experience in the acute care setting desirable
- Thorough knowledge of hospital operations
- Infection regulations, guidance documents, and other applicable regulations and standards as appropriate
- Highly developed written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Expertise in utilizing quality tools to drive innovative implementation
- Ability to analyze and present data to guide successful implementation
- Effective negotiation
- Communicate accurate information between the company, and customer sites
- Develop strong working relationships with external customers
- Travel up to 30-40% as required
- Infection Preventionist
- Public Health
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health-related field required, Infection Control Certification, active or must certify within one year of hire required